Typically, pre-made pesto contains milk ingredients from cows, hence the reason, I prefer to create my own!
- 2 cups packed (144 g) fresh basil (large stems removed)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- Green onions
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp (9-12 g) nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) extra virgin olive oil*
- 3-6 Tbsp (45 – 70 ml) water (plus more as needed)
- To a food processor or small blender, add all of the ingredients
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed,
- Perfect for adding to pastas, sauces, dressings, breads, and more!
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freeze the contents until further use