- 1/2 pound ripe tomatoes, at room temperature (3 to 4 medium)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Six 1/2-inch thick slices Italian or French bread
1. Chop tomatoes into 1/4-inch chunks then add to a medium bowl with a pinch of salt, small pinch of black pepper, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the basil. Stir
2. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium heat and toast the bread slices with remaining tablespoon of oil and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side until warmed.
3. Add the tomato and basil to the bread slices