- 6 pounds mixed apple varieties (Gala, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious), peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Throw the apples, apple juice and lemon juice into a pan and bring it to the boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes
- Stir through the agave nectar and mix until melted. Add the cinnamon and stir through
- Puree the mixture in a food processor, blender or food mill. If not using right away, leave to cool and then refrigerate.