Skip to content
I love a good snack bar, so I decided to share this recipe from Good Housekeeping.
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. quinoa
- 1/2 c. chia seeds
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 1/2 c. chopped dark chocolate (Make sure there is no milk added)
- 3/4 c. creamy almond butter
- 1/3 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. pureed prunes (from about 1 c. prunes)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, quinoa, chia seeds,almonds, cherries, and chocolate.
- In a small saucepan on low, heat almond butter, honey, coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Stir in prune puree.
- Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- With hands, form into bars using about 1/3 cup mixture for each; place on prepared sheet and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator, in airtight container, up to 3 weeks.