- 2 pounds plantains or green bananas, scored, peeled, and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Divide plantains between two rimmed baking sheets. Toss with oil, then arrange in a single layer on sheets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and flipping plantains halfway through.
- Drain plantains on paper towels.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo, if desired.