- 3 individual crusty bread rolls (or individual ciabatta rolls)
- 8oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- ½ Cup Basil Pesto Sauce
- 6 cocktail tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the balsamic reduction:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the balsamic reduction, add the balsamic vinegar and the honey to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat until thickened and reduced. (Don’t let it get too thick, just thick enough to drizzle it on the sandwiches).
- Spread the pesto sauce inside the sandwiches. (About 2 Tbsp per side)
- Top the sandwiches with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Drizzle some balsamic reduction sauce over the mozzarella slices.
- Place the sandwiches halves in a baking sheet and bring them to the hot oven, baking until the cheese melts (around 10 minutes).
- Close the sandwiches and serve them warm.
You can thank Olivia’s Cuisine for this recipe!