As a kid growing up, I absolutely hated tea! Eventually, I grew to like Ginger (and Chai) tea because not only is it tasty, but it is a bit spicy as well. The Ginger Root has been used in many cultures for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. The health benefits of ginger include soothing a sore stomach, weight loss, temporary pain relief. Need I say more?
1 Ginger Root
1 1/2 Cup of water
1 T of brown sugar or honey
- Set a small pot on the stove to boil
- Shave the skin off of the ginger root
- Chop the ginger root (by this point you should only see the off-white part) into small pieces
- Deposit the chopped pieces of the ginger into the boiling water
- Let it boil for 10 minutes and then turn off the stove for the contents to cool
- Pour the liquid into a mug and sweeten to taste with either brown sugar or honey
Serve cold on a hot day or warm on a cold night!